The Executive Program in General Management: India-U.S.-Online (EPGM) is a one-year, multi-modular, general management program for leaders in technology-enabled industries, including hi-tech, information technology, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, infrastructure, and oil and gas. For this program, MIT Sloan has partnered with Eruditus Executive Education to provide an exceptional learning experience for Asia’s emerging technical leaders. This non-degree certificate program will help participants prepare to take on larger, critical roles in their companies or start new entrepreneurial ventures.
EPGM includes in-person open enrollment courses at MIT Sloan in Cambridge, MA, and in Mumbai, India, as well as online modules. Sessions in the program take place:
- December 19–21, 2013 in India
- April 7–11, 2014 at MIT Sloan
- December 18–20, 2014 in India
- 18 virtual sessions of 2 hours each delivered across the year
- 8-9 days of elective courses at MIT Sloan
At the end of the year, executives will be conditioned and positioned to accelerate the pace of innovation and growth at their organizations—large or small.
This innovative program is designed around MIT Sloan Executive Education’s three Executive Certificate tracks—Management and Leadership; Strategy and Innovation; and Technology, Operations and Value Chain Management. Participants will come together as a cohort for core courses and online modules.
Elective Curriculum: Participants will also select electives of interest from MIT Sloan Executive Education’s portfolio of more than 30 courses, completing a total of 8–9 program days. This allows participants to further pursue topics that are particularly relevant to their experience or business challenges. This also gives participants access to a variety of professors in critical research areas of interest and a chance to network and learn from executives outside of the EPGM cohort.
Upon completion of the EPGM program, participants will receive an Advanced Certificate for Executives (ACE) from MIT Sloan Executive Education and enjoy all the benefits of the ACE community, including:
- Inclusion in the MIT Sloan alumni directory
- An MIT Sloan email-forwarding-for-life (EFL) address
- A 20% discount on additional Executive Education programs
- Invitations to select MIT Sloan events
- MIT Sloan Alumni Newsletter
Who Should Attend
EPGM is an immersive program designed for leaders in industries where technology and innovation play a vital role. Participants might come from large organizations or medium sized companies or even from startups. EPGM will help talented technical leaders prepare to take on larger, critical roles in their companies or start new entrepreneurial ventures.
The key elements of the EPGM experience, including the professors, content, coaching, and simulations, are designed specifically for executives with:
- A minimum of 10+ years of work experience in functional, technical, or business roles
- A graduate degree
- International exposure (preferred)
- An urgent agenda for change
- Confident fluency in written and spoken English
- Deborah Ancona, Seley Distinguished Professor of Management; Professor of Organization Studies; Faculty Director, MIT Leadership Center
- Pierre Azoulay, Sloan Distinguished Associate Professor of Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Strategic Management
- Michael Cusumano, Sloan Management Review Distinguished Professor of Management; Professor of Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Strategic Management and Engineering Systems
- Roberto Fernandez, William F. Pounds Professor in Management; Professor of Organization Studies
- Charles Fine, Chrysler Leaders for Global Operations Professor of Management; Professor of Operations Management and Engineering Systems; Co-Director, International Motor Vehicle Program
- Steve Eppinger, General Motors Leaders for Global Operations Professor of Management; Professor of Management Science and Engineering Systems; Co-Director, System Design and Management Program
- John Van Maanen, Erwin H. Schell Professor of Organization Studies
US $25,000 (Includes meals during classroom portion. Does not include transportation or accommodations costs.)
Early Application Deadline: October 5, 2013
Final Application Deadline: November 5, 2013
To apply to EPGM, submit the following materials to our program partner, Eruditus, before the November 15, 2013 application deadline. Materials should be sent via email to email@example.com.
- The completed EPGM application form which you can download here.
- A recent resume or a link to your updated Linkedin profile
Please note that program acceptance is done on a rolling basis. We strongly recommend interested participants apply early.
Eruditus Executive Education is the program partner for MIT Sloan Executive Education’s Executive Program in General Management (EPGM). Prospective participants with questions about the program are encouraged to contact them for further information via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +91-22-61623112 (Mumbai, India).
About Eruditus Executive Education
Eruditus Executive Education delivers high quality executive education programs to Indian corporations and participants. Eruditus collaborates with global business schools and renowned faculty to provide programs targeted at India's growing leadership talent pool.
Technology, Operations, and Value Chain Management
March 25-26, 2014 | November 13-14, 2014
Strategy and Innovation
March 31-April 02, 2014 | July 07-09, 2014
Management and Leadership
May 18-23, 2014