This week, MIT Sloan Executive Education is hosting Mass Innovation Nights 101 (#MIN101), the Boston region’s premier monthly startup showcase and networking event. This month’s event, to be held on Wednesday, August 9th, will be held at MIT’s Samberg Conference Center and will feature new startups influencing innovation and tackling process improvement.
“Over the last eight years, we’ve built a successful social media-powered group that has worked together to support local entrepreneurs,” said Bobbie Carlton, Founder of Innovation Nights and Innovation Women. “It’s really a great example of how much a group can accomplish working together, without huge budgets and expensive tools.” Carlton adds, “as a major global driver of innovation, MIT is a natural partner for us.”
Free-of-charge and open to the public, monthly Mass Innovation Nights events feature business experts, networking, tabletop demos, and presentations from the winners of an online vote taken before the event. Here are the innovations participating in Mass Innovation Nights 101:
- Openbridge is an integration platform that helps teams harness the power of performance data across a variety of sources, including social networks, video platforms, and web analytics tools.
- TwelveJobs uses detailed information from job seekers and employers to algorithmically help find the perfect match.
- WatchRx uses a smartwatch to help the elderly take their medications on time and to live independently in their homes as long as possible.
- Vinolytics simplifies wine management, offering what to drink when, what it is worth, where it comes from and how to buy or sell it.
- Ankota makes software to help home care businesses and other organizations that manage care to enable elderly people to age in the comfort of their own homes.
- FlowNote is a productivity app that helps users get organized with lists, slides, ideabooks, links and web notes.
- Sentinel by Ecovent Systems monitors the health and function of your HVAC system and home and can alert the homeowner/home contractor to potential issues.
- Diversity Dashboard is an online project management software designed to help diversity professionals track activity, measure their results, and analyze the ROI of their diversity programs.
- Wicked Bandwidth IP is a new Internet provider offering better bandwidth to companies in Boston that have been overlooked by bigger Internet companies.
- Soft Robotics Adaptive Gripper has designed and built a fundamentally new class of soft robotic grippers, with a control systems and software that can manipulate items of varying size, shape and weight with a single device
The event takes place on Wednesday, August 9, from 6pm – 8:30pm, at MIT Sloan on the 7th floor of Building E52 in the Samberg Conference Center. RSVP here.
Can’t join us live? Follow the conversation on social media using #MIN101 and tweet us @MITSloanExecEd and @MassInno.