Management and Leadership
Transforming Your Leadership Strategy
Dates: Jun 20-21, 2013| Nov 19-20, 2013
Certificate Track: Management and Leadership
This program is built around MIT's unique Distributed Leadership Model―a powerful, innovative approach to executive leadership that lies at the core of leadership development at MIT, and the result of an intensive, four-year research project at the MIT Leadership Center to identify more effective strategies for leading in a networked economy. Tested in diverse, real-world settings, the model allows managers to succeed as leaders by being flexible and adaptive in new and unexpected ways through the application of two key concepts:
- A 4 Capabilities Leadership Framework that makes it possible to harness, align, and leverage the leadership capabilities that exist throughout an organization.
- X-Teams, a revolutionary approach to creating flexible, outwardly-focused project teams that enables managers to both keep current with shifts in markets, technologies, and competition, and accelerate the pace of innovation and change.
Join the MySloanExecEd Community Group for this program to network with past, present, and future participants.
Upon completion of this program, participants will gain an understanding of how to:
- Innovate and move quickly from generating ideas to executing and diffusing them throughout the organization
- Unlock crucial information, expertise, and new ways of working together, wherever these qualities reside within or outside the company
- Succeed in a competitive “flat world” of new organizational architectures; smart, orchestrated networks; and tiny firms that do not need huge capitalization to compete
- Make their organizations more agile, responsive, and creative
This program has been designed especially for senior general and technical executives whose organizations compete in an environment of rapidly changing markets, technologies, and cultures, including:
- Executive VPs
- Heads of R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing & IS
- Chief Technologists
- Corporate Planners and Strategists
- VPs of Marketing and New Venture Development
- Other senior managers with leadership responsibility
|DAY One SAMPLE|
|07:45 AM - 08:30 AM||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|08:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Welcome and Introduction, Overview of the 4 Capabilities of Leadership Framework, Sensemaking / Relating Exercise|
|12:30 PM - 01:30 PM||Luncheon|
|01:30 PM - 03:00 PM||Team Sensemaking Exercise|
|03:30 PM - 05:15 PM||Using the 4 Capabilities for Change, Visioning Exercise I|
|05:15 PM - 06:00 PM||Reception|
|DAY Two SAMPLE|
|07:45 AM - 08:30 AM||Continental Breakfast|
|08:30 AM - 12:00 PM||Welcome Back and Preview of Day 2, Your Leadership Profile; Visioning Exercise II|
|12:00 PM - 01:00 PM||Luncheon|
|01:00 PM - 03:30 PM||X-Teams & Distributed Leadership|
|03:30 PM - 03:45 PM||Adjournment|
Description: Deborah Ancona on the benefits and takeaways of the program Transforming Your Leadership Strategy
Description: by Deborah Ancona, Thomas W....
Description: Prof. Deborah Ancona on the MIT Leadership Center. Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:00 PM
Description: Innovation is often described as something that just happensthe appearance of a lightbulb or a bolt from the blue. But todays companies cant wait around for light- ning to strike. Competition is fierce, and businesses need to be able to generate, leverage, and sustain innovation. Current research suggests that it is possible to create a culture of innovation through X-teams, teams designed to pull together external and internal input to give organizations an infusion of new thinking.
I was really looking forward to attending this program. And I'm satisfied after finishing the program overall. Prof. Debora was full of energy, agressive. The good point is that I could think deeply how to motivate the organization systematically by the simple case-materials provided by her. I'll study her books and contents again after I go back to Japan.
This course was excellent. The two days were riveting. Prof Ancona was an engaging speaker, extremely knowledgeable and fun. I was worried that the material might be abstract and 'touchy-feely' but it was taught as a really approachable topic and I felt we got some great life lessons as well as practical tools. The group was very engaged and the conversation and interactions were very rewarding.
I greatly enjoyed the program. Dr. Ancona was able to convey points from personal experience, experience from groups she worked with and allowed us to work through the points with our peers using personal experiences.
This was an incredible experience. The instructor was very informative and had such great energy. The interactive nature of the course mede it very functional to apply to my work, This course, simply put is a must for corporate leaders.
Really enjoyed the simplified 4 essential skills Professor Ancona taught. Especially enjoyed the exercises and the class room setting. This is a must-attend for all aspiring and successful leaders. A real life practical training to go from good to great !