Management and Leadership
Transforming Your Leadership Strategy
Dates: Apr 08-09, 2014| Jun 17-18, 2014| Nov 18-19, 2014
Certificate Track: Management and Leadership
This program is built around MIT's unique Distributed Leadership Model―a powerful, innovative approach to executive leadership that lies at the core of leadership development at MIT, and the result of an intensive, four-year research project at the MIT Leadership Center to identify more effective strategies for leading in a networked economy. Tested in diverse, real-world settings, the model allows managers to succeed as leaders by being flexible and adaptive in new and unexpected ways through the application of two key concepts:
- A 4 Capabilities Leadership Framework that makes it possible to harness, align, and leverage the leadership capabilities that exist throughout an organization.
- X-Teams, a revolutionary approach to creating flexible, outwardly-focused project teams that enables managers to both keep current with shifts in markets, technologies, and competition, and accelerate the pace of innovation and change.
Join the MySloanExecEd Community Group for this program to network with past, present, and future participants.
Upon completion of this program, participants will gain an understanding of how to:
- Innovate and move quickly from generating ideas to executing and diffusing them throughout the organization
- Unlock crucial information, expertise, and new ways of working together, wherever these qualities reside within or outside the company
- Succeed in a competitive “flat world” of new organizational architectures; smart, orchestrated networks; and tiny firms that do not need huge capitalization to compete
- Make their organizations more agile, responsive, and creative
This program has been designed especially for senior general and technical executives whose organizations compete in an environment of rapidly changing markets, technologies, and cultures, including:
- Executive VPs
- Heads of R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing & IS
- Chief Technologists
- Corporate Planners and Strategists
- VPs of Marketing and New Venture Development
- Other senior managers with leadership responsibility
|DAY One SAMPLE|
|07:45 AM - 08:30 AM||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|08:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Welcome and Introduction, Overview of the 4 Capabilities of Leadership Framework, Sensemaking / Relating Exercise|
|12:30 PM - 01:30 PM||Luncheon|
|01:30 PM - 03:00 PM||Team Sensemaking Exercise|
|03:30 PM - 05:15 PM||Using the 4 Capabilities for Change, Visioning Exercise I|
|05:15 PM - 06:00 PM||Reception|
|DAY Two SAMPLE|
|07:45 AM - 08:30 AM||Continental Breakfast|
|08:30 AM - 12:00 PM||Welcome Back and Preview of Day 2, Your Leadership Profile; Visioning Exercise II|
|12:00 PM - 01:00 PM||Luncheon|
|01:00 PM - 03:30 PM||X-Teams & Distributed Leadership|
|03:30 PM - 03:45 PM||Adjournment|
Description: Deborah Ancona on the benefits and takeaways of the program Transforming Your Leadership Strategy
Description: by Deborah Ancona, Thomas W....
Description: Prof. Deborah Ancona on the MIT Leadership Center. Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:00 PM
Description: Innovation is often described as something that just happensthe appearance of a lightbulb or a bolt from the blue. But todays companies cant wait around for light- ning to strike. Competition is fierce, and businesses need to be able to generate, leverage, and sustain innovation. Current research suggests that it is possible to create a culture of innovation through X-teams, teams designed to pull together external and internal input to give organizations an infusion of new thinking.
too many micro conversations/discussions were disruptive
Great course. Deborah brings a lot of energy to class and is able to transmit it and keep everybody engaged throughout the course. Methods taught can be applied immediately back at the office and feedback from class mates in directed work sessions proved very helpful. As indicated in class, we do like to have some more background material on the effectiveness of e.g. X-Teams and maybe some more in-depth analysis of succesful cases but otherwise I would not change much.
the interaction, dynamics and practicality through the excersise was just great a great addition of value to the course!
Oustanding experience and application to my personal and professional life.
The discussions relating to the 4-Cap model and X-teams were great. Important takeaway is the usage of different capabilities at different points in time based on the situations (to be effective leader)