Management and Leadership
Transforming Your Leadership Strategy
Dates: Apr 08-09, 2014| Jun 17-18, 2014| Nov 18-19, 2014
Certificate Track: Management and Leadership
This program is built around MIT's unique Distributed Leadership Model―a powerful, innovative approach to executive leadership that lies at the core of leadership development at MIT, and the result of an intensive, four-year research project at the MIT Leadership Center to identify more effective strategies for leading in a networked economy. Tested in diverse, real-world settings, the model allows managers to succeed as leaders by being flexible and adaptive in new and unexpected ways through the application of two key concepts:
- A 4 Capabilities Leadership Framework that makes it possible to harness, align, and leverage the leadership capabilities that exist throughout an organization.
- X-Teams, a revolutionary approach to creating flexible, outwardly-focused project teams that enables managers to both keep current with shifts in markets, technologies, and competition, and accelerate the pace of innovation and change.
Join the MySloanExecEd Community Group for this program to network with past, present, and future participants.
Upon completion of this program, participants will gain an understanding of how to:
- Innovate and move quickly from generating ideas to executing and diffusing them throughout the organization
- Unlock crucial information, expertise, and new ways of working together, wherever these qualities reside within or outside the company
- Succeed in a competitive “flat world” of new organizational architectures; smart, orchestrated networks; and tiny firms that do not need huge capitalization to compete
- Make their organizations more agile, responsive, and creative
This program has been designed especially for senior general and technical executives whose organizations compete in an environment of rapidly changing markets, technologies, and cultures, including:
- Executive VPs
- Heads of R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing & IS
- Chief Technologists
- Corporate Planners and Strategists
- VPs of Marketing and New Venture Development
- Other senior managers with leadership responsibility
|DAY One SAMPLE|
|07:45 AM - 08:30 AM||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|08:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Welcome and Introduction, Overview of the 4 Capabilities of Leadership Framework, Sensemaking / Relating Exercise|
|12:30 PM - 01:30 PM||Luncheon|
|01:30 PM - 03:00 PM||Team Sensemaking Exercise|
|03:30 PM - 05:15 PM||Using the 4 Capabilities for Change, Visioning Exercise I|
|05:15 PM - 06:00 PM||Reception|
|DAY Two SAMPLE|
|07:45 AM - 08:30 AM||Continental Breakfast|
|08:30 AM - 12:00 PM||Welcome Back and Preview of Day 2, Your Leadership Profile; Visioning Exercise II|
|12:00 PM - 01:00 PM||Luncheon|
|01:00 PM - 03:30 PM||X-Teams & Distributed Leadership|
|03:30 PM - 03:45 PM||Adjournment|
Description: Deborah Ancona on the benefits and takeaways of the program Transforming Your Leadership Strategy
Description: by Deborah Ancona, Thomas W....
Description: Prof. Deborah Ancona on the MIT Leadership Center. Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:00 PM
Description: Innovation is often described as something that just happensthe appearance of a lightbulb or a bolt from the blue. But todays companies cant wait around for light- ning to strike. Competition is fierce, and businesses need to be able to generate, leverage, and sustain innovation. Current research suggests that it is possible to create a culture of innovation through X-teams, teams designed to pull together external and internal input to give organizations an infusion of new thinking.
The professor is more than outstanding. In addition to her detailed demo and explanation of the MIT leadership model, the move around get to know more classmates worked out extremely well. The reason I took MIT courses has two-fold purposes: learn and connect. :)
the program was very dynamic, and improuve the knowledge about managing with changing experiences.
Excellent topic with real world application. Learning to be not just a great leader but a greatly effective one.
I found the information provided immediately useful in my workplace. The team dynamics models have helped me identify areas for improvement in facilitating a more effective innovation team.
The Transforming Your Leadership Strategy course provided me with new models/framework to critically evaluate my leadership thinking. The deep dive into the 4-CAP Leadership model coupled with x-team and distributed leadership framework provided me with new insights to evaluate team dynamics and effectiveness. The action learning through the in class iterative activities reinforced the theories and allowed us to test our assumptions and evaluate various perspective. This leadership class was unlike any that I had previously taken at the Graduate Level and I recommend this class for other executives in the ACE program.