Technology, Operations, and Value Chain Management
Strategic Cost Analysis for Managers
Dates: Apr 03-04, 2014| Jun 26-27, 2014| Nov 18-19, 2014
Certificate Track: Technology, Operations, and Value Chain Management
This program is about how to analyze projects from a cost-accounting perspective. It will offer a unique opportunity for program and project managers to learn cost accounting-based project management practices and strategies for making smart project choices which justify outcomes and create value. Program material is drawn from our popular and highly-rated MBA courses on financial and managerial accounting and shows how managers can leverage cost analysis to better influence the outcomes of product development and project management.
Join the MySloanExecEd Community Group for this program to network with past, present, and future participants.
The program will offer a series of interactive lectures, cases, and small group exercises that will help participants better understand:
- The language and mechanics of the accounting that goes on in complex organizations
- How to identify good results even though the accounting numbers look bad, and bad results when the accounting numbers look good
- Cost allocations, absorption costing, and transfer pricing, and their effect on reported performance
- Company’s internal metrics for evaluating management
This program has been developed for senior program and project managers from a wide range of consumer and business-to-business industries, including:
- Managers from engineering, manufacturing, IT and technology departments
- Directors of project management, product and business development, and R&D
- Chief project engineers
- Product design and process development engineers
- Key staff members with performance responsibility
|DAY One SAMPLE|
|07:45 AM - 08:30 AM||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|08:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Welcome and Introduction, Introduction to Strategic Cost Analysis|
|12:30 PM - 01:30 PM||Luncheon|
|01:30 PM - 05:00 PM||Cost Accounting, Day 1 Summary|
|DAY Two SAMPLE|
|07:45 AM - 08:30 AM||Continental Breakfast|
|08:30 AM - 12:00 PM||Welcome Back and Preview of Day 2, Basic Project Finance|
|12:00 PM - 01:00 PM||Luncheon|
|01:00 PM - 03:30 PM||Project Performance Evaluation|
Strategic Cost was an excellent training, Quality of Profesors, materials and location and support. Definitely, a different way of seeing accounting. Very useful themes especially ABC costing. Possible, I would have preferred a 3-day-course to have more time to review basic concept.
Presentation is easy to understand and useful for getting a whole picture of basic accounting concepts.
Case study is attractive, and documentation for these two days is quite clear.
Good program; case study work was relevant and well organized in terms of crescendo of learning purpose. Perhaps you should have another course as a follow-up to this one, with additional in-depth analysis. A lot of ground to cover in 2 days.