Strategy and Innovation
Revitalizing Your Digital Business Model
Dates: Jul 15-16, 2014| Oct 16-17, 2014
Certificate Track: Strategy and Innovation
"Inspiring, insightful, refreshing. Good balance between theory and practice."
- Sergio Jaramillo, Director, Bancolombia S. A.
As the world continues to digitize and grow in complexity, virtually every enterprise will need to have a great digital business model, one that creates value by engaging customers digitally and by making employees work smarter.
The digital marketplace is redefining customer relationships, the way employees work, and how companies build and exploit internal and external capabilities.
This new program is designed to guide senior executives as they attempt to meet the complex challenges of competing in the digital marketplace. Based on extensive MIT research, it provides insights into how firms can achieve competitive advantage by providing unique digital content, an exceptional customer experience, and superior digitized platforms.
At MIT Sloan, we have created frameworks to help enterprises define and build powerful digital business models that will facilitate their ability to compete in the global digital economy. Revitalizing Your Digital Business Model will help senior managers address the following issues:
- What is the source of competitive advantage for your digital business model?
- How can you manage business complexity in the global digital economy?
- How do you design your organization to ensure ongoing development and exploitation of internal and externally available business capabilities?
- How can you ensure that every employee uses the growing availability of data to contribute to the enterprise’s business objectives?
Using lessons derived from the experiences of successful traditional and "born-on-the-web" companies in the digital economy, the program offers an expert faculty, a self-assessment exercise to help you benchmark the current strength of your own digital approach, frameworks of effective digital business models, and consulting group sessions to help you identify and work on next steps.
"Business success in the digital economy will rarely be a function of technology…Companies that succeed will likely distinguish themselves by working smarter."
Jeanne Ross, Director
MIT Center for Information Systems Research (CISR)
Join the MySloanExecEd Community Group for this program to network with past, present, and future participants.
"Gain framework for analyzing, data points for benchmarking, tools for leadership, and ideas for new business." - Scott Ritchey, Director of IT, SPIE
At the conclusion of this program, executives will be better prepared to address the following issues:
- What digital capabilities do you most need to focus on?
- What data is most critical to your people's ability to work smarter?
- How can you derive value from business complexity while keeping that complexity manageable?
- What metrics can you use to track whether you are delivering customer satisfaction on a daily basis?
- How will you gain competitive advantage in the digital economy?
"A great digital business model will often challenge the status quo of the enterprise."
Peter Weill, Chairman
MIT Center for Information
Systems Research (CISR)
Revitalizing Your Digital Business Strategy is designed for senior executives and managers at division or corporate levels, including:
- VPs and EVPs
- CIOs and IT Leaders
- Corporate Planners, Strategists, and Strategic Planners
- VPs of Operations
- Senior Marketing Executives
- Senior Business Development Executives
- Senior Project Managers
- Product Development Managers
- Innovation Officers
|DAY One SAMPLE|
|08:00 AM - 09:00 AM||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|09:00 AM - 10:00 AM||Introduction and Overview|
|10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Engaging Customers Digitally|
|12:30 PM - 01:30 PM||Luncheon|
|01:30 PM - 03:30 PM||Capabilities for the Digital World|
|04:00 PM - 05:00 PM||Assessing Your Digital Business Model|
|05:00 PM - 06:00 PM||Reception|
|DAY Two SAMPLE|
|08:30 AM - 10:00 AM||Assessment Results Discussion|
|10:30 AM - 12:00 PM||Business Complexity: Moving IT from Problem to Solution|
|12:00 PM - 01:00 PM||Luncheon|
|01:00 PM - 02:30 PM||Working Smarter|
|02:30 PM - 03:00 PM||Conclusion and wrap-up|
Description: Research Paper Abstract:
The course content and professors provided insights that enabled one to identify and think critically about the parameters that may require optimization and a framework to drive improvements of those attributes that will allow for maximization of their organization Digital model.
Very topical and strategic content. Complex material presented in a deceptively simple fashion. I particularly was impressed by the Enterprise self rating questionnaire which clarified my personal thinking.
Great course, looking forward to collaborating in the future!
The program was AMAZING and gave me lots of useful information to use in my Company.
The course is well structured and inspiring.