Dynamics of Globalization is no longer offered. You may be interested in Strategy in a Global World.
This program will explore how various countries and ﬁrms are successfully meeting the challenge of increasing globalization. The material will be presented from three complementary angles— economic, sociological, and political science—that together will help managers develop a broad perspective on the issues of globalization. Faculty and participants will trace the implications of global competition on the economy, politics, and emerging markets. Examples that represent different regions and types of organizations—multinational and local ﬁrms from both developing nations and industrialized countries—will be presented throughout the program.
Join the MySloanExecEd Community Group for this program to network with past, present, and future participants.
Participants will learn what to look for in analyzing country business environments and in exploring comparative advantage. With a focus on how the dynamics of globalization is affecting emerging markets, politics, and the world economy, this program will enable participants to:
- Learn the key growth requirements for countries as well as large companies
- Employ frameworks to compare changes in the business and regulatory environment
- Compare and contrast the developmental trajectories of indigenous firms
- Analyze the effects of politics and the economy on countries and firms
- Recognize how international business decisions affect not only a company's bottom line, but also a country's environment and the well being of its people
- Identify market innovations in developing countries
- Understand global energy related innovations
This program is designed specifically for managers who are involved with developing corporate, business, or functional strategies at their organizations:
- Middle to upper-managers, senior executives, and entrepreneurs with responsibility for or interest in managing multinational corporations or expanding operations into new and emerging markets
- General managers of global companies, or companies with international clients
- Fast-track operations managers seeking to broaden their knowledge and expand their understanding of the effects of globalization
|DAY One SAMPLE|
|08:00 AM - 09:00 AM||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|09:00 AM - 10:30 AM||Introduction to the Edges of Globalization|
|10:45 AM - 12:30 PM||Market Innovation in Africa|
|12:30 PM - 01:30 PM||Luncheon|
|01:30 PM - 03:30 PM||Natural Capital and the Challenge of Sustainable Development|
|03:30 PM - 05:00 PM||Natural Capital and the Challenge of Sustainable Development cont.|
|05:00 PM - 06:00 PM||Reception|
|DAY Two SAMPLE|
|09:00 AM - 10:30 AM||Comparative Advantages 1|
|10:45 AM - 12:15 PM||Comparative Advantages 2|
|12:15 PM - 01:00 PM||Luncheon|
|01:00 PM - 02:30 PM||Growth and Why Rich Countries are Rich, and Poor are Poor|
|02:45 PM - 04:15 PM||The Edges of Globalization Close|
|04:15 PM - 04:30 PM||Adjournment|
Participant Scott Mills on why he chose to attend Dynamics of Globalization.
Sign up to receive updates on our programs and offerings.